Thai Curry & Soup
Thai Stir-fry & Deep-fry
Chicken Coconut Soup (Tom Kha Gai)
in thai ต้มข่าไก่
- 300 g.(1 ½ cup, 10 oz) skinless chicken breast-cut into thinly strips.
- ½ stalks lemongrass-cut into 2 inch (5 cm) long pieces and bruised.
- 1 cup thick coconut milk.
- 2 kaffir lime leaves-torn in half
- 2 fresh hot or green chillies-smashed.
- 1 cup (70 g.) white buttom mushroom-sliced.
- ½ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves for garnish.
- 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce.
- ½ teaspoons salt.
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Put thin coconut milk (mix 1 cup coconut and 1 cup water) in a small saucepan add chicken, galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, salt, simmer until chicken is white and opaque.
- Add the rest of thick coconut milk, stir and then put fish squce, lemon juice, chillies and sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves.